Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Diana email - September 23, 2013

Hello Family and Friends, 
 So this week was ok. I have done a lot of growing, and learning. I have learned that when there is a problem in a relationship you have to talk. ignoring or avoiding the issue doesn't help it just makes it worst.  another thing is that there is more ways then one to communicate. Like I said in my letter last week my companion is from Hong Kong so not only do we look different we grew up in different cultures. She is so obedient and doesn't question anything. she does as she is told and i love that about her. it makes things easy for her, but for me i have to know why we have some rules and in the Seattle Mission (the best mission ever!!!) they have a lot of rules and i have a harder time just doing as i am told. and there's some things we have to work through but we have amazing leaders and Heavenly Father is well aware of me and sister Leung. We were put together for a reason and i need to learn and grow from her and visa versa. 

 So we have elders in our ward too.  our ward has 2 sets of missionaries and its a lot of fun, different but fun. so anyway one of the Elders, Elder Williams is from Thatcher!!!!!!! So we talk about home all the time. he was called to go to Argentina but he still hasn't gotten his visa so he has been reassigned to Washington. so yeah its really cool.

We have a mission choir and i am in it. we are practicing "a child's prayer " it sounds really good,  in my stake we have a Korean branch so all of the missionaries in this zone are going to learn "i am a child of God" in Korean. I am so excited!!!!!!

On Sunday i was asked to give a talk. it was a lot of fun. I read them one of my all time favorite scriptures John 15 : 16 - 27 read it and tell me what you think. the ward is super nice, i love it so much. we have a family the Mannie's and brother Mannie is teaching me how the play the ukalalie.  we live with a member and i just found out that she is really smart. like changed to world smart. she is a scientist and she works with DNA and she has done amazing things,look her up for me please her name is Linda Cook. 

I love being a missionary!!! there is honestly no way to fully explain how much i love the church of Jesus Christ. I am so happy and the knowledge that i gain from the spirit just makes me even happier. Families can be together forever! Jesus Christ knows me and loves me all the same my good my bad and my ugly he loves it all. Joseph Smith did see God the father and Jesus Christ! The Book of Mormon is the word of God! I don't have to guess and hope that these things are true I don't believe these things are true I know that they are true my faith has helped me gain knowledge and i am so thankful for that. I love you all so very much and if you are having a hard time be specific when you pray tell Heavenly Father how you feel and what you are having a hard time and you need to have faith that he is listening and you will feel his arms around you know that we are all Gods children.

Love Sister Whetten      

No comments:

Post a Comment