Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Jesse - December 1, 2014

to start off, i killed my companion...
tonight he is on his way home and has served his two years here in Argentina. it was a little rough with him talking about his home everyday but it was a fun transfer that's for sure, and i learned more from it! also i got a new companion and he is a Utard, yup his name is Brett Holmes from south Jordon. he is a really cool guy and I'm pretty sure we will get along just fine. this time of year is always the best because of Christmas, and everyone just seems a little closer and kinder. but as always, if we don't take advantage of the time we have we will lose the chance and advantage of Christmas. its a little weird to think that this is my second Christmas here in Argentina because i feel as though I've been here a lot longer than that. but i will make the best of it all! we have this new program called HE is the Gift and we get to 'chare this video with everyone. I'm not really too sure what we are supposed to do with it still but i think this week we will get a little more details. other than that i am doing great and still progressing! we also had interviews with president thurgood. i made it a goal of mine to read the book of mormon in 3 months because in all the time that we have teaching and preparing lessons I've never read fully the book of mormon for myself. so I'm hoping to meet that goal and be able to testify stronger to investigators. but more importantly make my own stronger!!  i thought about many people this past week because my mind wasn't too focused with my companion talking about home every other second. i just hope that everyone has a merry Christmas and remember the true meaning. i really hope everyone will go out of their ways to share this amazing gospel or give a little service to those who need it, and we know that everyone needs it. i love you all and pray for you always!
elder Whetten

p.s. don't every give money to a blind perverted homeless man... its a long story, Merry Christmas:D

No comments:

Post a Comment