Monday, November 4, 2013

Diana - Email - Nov. 4, 2013

Sister Whetten – Email – November 4, 2013
HELLO FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!!! 
So this week has been a really good one lots of amazing things are happening in Seattle!!!  I want to start from the end of the week and go back so today we had Choir practice and it was really good and fun I love seeing sister and president choi every week! So yesterday Sunday November 3, 2013 was like the best day ever!!!! I turned 20!! CRAZY!!!!! but the sun was shining it was a beautiful day yesterday the sunset looked like the savior could come right at that moment.So Washington does daylight savings and so on my birthday i got to sleep in an extra hour it was really nice!!! A family in the ward gave me a gift to unrap it was some very warm fuzzy socks they know i am an Arizona girl and i am always cold lol we had dinner with the popes and we had some really good meat loaf and rolls. and sister pope made me a cake and she put candles on it and everything it almost felt like home but everyone who was singing happy birthday sounded good so not quite like home close enough though. Last night we had an awesome lesson with a lady we asked her to read the Book of Mormon and SHE DID!!!! It was so amazing!! Heavenly Father grants us blessings everyday. Saturday was pretty fun too. Well all of you know how things just happen to me and they usually are embarrassing well just imagine this...... Its a very windy day leaves flying around like crazy and a Sister missionary is trying to get out of a car with out her skirt flying up and in the middle of this missionary vs wind and skirt the car door decides so join in and eats her skirt. yeah if you were wondering the sister missionary was me and we where out side a persons house and my skirt got stuck in the car door and the wind was not helping at all. and my poor companion was trying to help the best she could pushing the car door puling on my skirt it was a mess and i was dying laughing at all of this going on I am sure anyone watching this was rolling on the floor laughing. it was quite a show.  
Thats all i can remember at this time. It was a really good week!!! So this week I was missing home a lot and i was missing Jesse who is thousands of miles away and i was just having a hard time and then i started thinking about Anthony and how i wont see him for 3 years and that seems like a long time anyway to make a long story short i was missing my brothers and i was reading in Alma 17 and this is were Alma sees the sons of moshia at the end of there 14 years mission and then in verse 13 it talks about how the brothers separated to all of the different lands and it said that they trusted in the Lord that they would see each other after there harvest. Harvest meaning mission and i could feel the spirit just telling me that i would see my brothers again I just need to stay focused on my harvest (aka) mission, and after our harvest we will see each other again. Jesse is far away but he is a servant of the Lord and he will be protected, but if something does happen which i pray everyday nothing will happen we are an eternal family, i will see my family again!!! and then after it talks about the brothers separating it goes into the story of Ammon and he cuts off the arms and the lamanites are astonished because he cant be killed it talks about how the lord promised King Moshia that his sons would be safe. His enemy's couldnt kill him so I think the Lord made that promise with my mom and dad so everything will be fine!!!
Well everyone another week has gone by I am one year older wow and I am a servant of the Lord what an awesome thought!!! I love being a missionary!! but i am not going to lie it is hard and sometimes i want to go home but the Lord needs me out here and Jesse emailed me once and said "this wasnt meant to be easy and it wont be! because it wasnt easy for the savior.. and we, simple people cant expect it to be easy because it was never easy for him." I want to testify that i know that a mission is one of the hardest things i have ever done in my life, but i know my Savior Jesus Christ knows exactly how i feel and how hard this is and so he lifts me and makes me stronger. because i know this i have to share it with other i must tell the world (Seattle) That the Savior lives that we can be forgiven that families can be together forever. I am the Lords missionary and i am not out here for my parents i am not out here for my ward I am not even out here for myself I am out here for the Lord to prove to him that i can over come all things and to find the lost sheep. I love you all and i want you to know Jesus Christ lives that God is the Father of our spirits and they know you and care for you deeply. nothing can keep us form there love and that is an amazing thought there is nothing we can do, no where we can go that their love cant find us!!! keep up  the amazing missionary work!!!
Sister Whetten

No comments:

Post a Comment