Thursday, November 12, 2015

Anthony - Jan. 11, 2015

Not so Weekly Report from a Man


A man whose face got slightly smashed in by a cake. But hey, a man is a man. So for my birthday my comps did a family home evening with some members and some recent converts, they thought that it was a suprize that they brought out a cake and started singing, but its not like they were very sneaky, but hey it was fun. E' White make Cinnamon twists, which are like Cinnamon rolls but twisted and with a different type of dough. It was good. The Hna also gave me a cake of a thousand leafs, it was really good. Also a tradition they have here is to smash the persons face into the cake, which hurt because the cake was hard so it was like pounding my face into the table, but hey cake is cake and this cake was amazing. Then the four missionaries and the recent converts had to squeeze into a car. It was the two RC in front and the 4 Missionaries  in back. I was on top, with my head and legs hanging out the window, I don't have pics or I would send them but it was awesome. We also shouted Hola to everyone we passed, missionary work in steroids. So that was fun. 
On a sadder note, a very beloved man died in the mish, and we went to the funeral, the saddest thing of all is the hopelessness of the family, who aren't members, or aren't active. This Gospel is amazing, and I am so glad to be a part of it. There is so much hope and joy that is linked to this knowledge that we have there the grave has no stink. I Love that knowledge and I love you all and hope the best. Hope your week is wonderful.
Love E' Whetten

No comments:

Post a Comment